View Single Post
Old 11-25-2008, 06:12 PM
KillerQ
PPCGeeks Regular

KillerQ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillerQ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillerQ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillerQ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Disable Sddaemon & HTC_Guardian & Make Sprint Pic Exclusive = Success!

***Update: After a soft reset, sdaemon, and htc_Guardian automatically recreate themselves... Deleting is impossible since they are in the ROM... I thought a read about a way around this.... looking for it again.....help? I hear that the new ROM makes it this way.)

Hey all,

The title pretty much says it all. I was sick of having to restart or repeatedly clean/release memory on my Sprint HTC Mogul in order to avoid the low memory message with Sprint's Pic Mail app.

So to solve this, I:

a) uninstalled the Pic Mail app from internal memory
b) re-installed it to the SD card
c) Disabled Sddaemon from starting up in the windows/startup folder
d) renamed the HTC_GHuardian.exe file on the device, so It wouldn't start ever (used to be in the startup folder, but not with the new updates - i had to search for it in file explorer)
e) soft reset.

That's it - no issues, no errors or anything! As long as you don't have 100 apps running that are hogging your memory, you shouldn't get the error anymore....

(from what I read, the guardian file protects sprint connection settings....what settings, exactly, does it protect? I just want to be sure not to mess with them...)

Any thoughts?,

Matt!

Last edited by KillerQ; 11-25-2008 at 09:47 PM.