View Single Post
Old 06-21-2007, 04:30 PM
TurboFool
Timeless

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool
Difference in charge time between charger and USB cable?

I'm aware that charging devices via the USB cable is generally painfully slow due to the voltage those cables are capable of.

That said, what's inherently different about the USB charger and does it, indeed, charge faster than plugging the device into the computer?

Right now I'm at work, and my lovely new 6800, only halfway through my work day, is at 20% battery life. Now to be fair it's brand new, so I've been tinkering with it nonstop, and that's likely to drain it faster than the way I'll be using it in, say, two months. Still, it badly needs a charge, and my AC adapter's at home because I charge it at night.

I've plugged it in into my computer via a USB cable we have at the office, and it's charging damn slowly (not helped by the fact that the phone keeps turning itself back on for no apparent reason and seemingly not turning itself back off despite the two minutes I have it set to when plugged into external power), as I know it does over USB to the computer.

So I'm trying to decide whether the USB cable to my computer is enough, or whether buying a second AC adapter is going to benefit me in any way (faster charging, or maybe preventing this thing from turning itself on all the time if that is, indeed, being caused by it being connected to the computer).

Also, if I do buy a second AC charger, any recommendations on the cheapest good quality one (I assume a generic one like those designed for the RAZR would work)?

Thanks!