View Single Post
Old 11-25-2008, 01:59 PM
mtnmedic
PPCGeeks Regular

mtnmedic is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Opera Mini 4.2 out

What download is everyone using? I see under the HTC product list the TP isn't shown. I was wondering perhaps to use the one for the Mogul or the Touch but then there is the "generic" download and under that there are the "basic" and "advanced". Then there is the direct-with-phone method which brings up a page that says "Opera Mini 4.2 Your phone model could not be detected. Please try to install this version - Download Opera Mini!" Not sure what's going on there. Maybe THAT'S not 4.2 because my phone model couldn't be detected?

UPDATE:

Went ahead and tried to use the phone to directly download. Every download link (including "older" versions) gives me an error message regarding mini.jad: "The file "mini" cannot be opened. Either it is not signed witha trusted certificate or one of its components cannot be found...." How is everyone else getting the file installed?

ANOTHER UPDATE:

Well ain't that something...I downloaded the generic version via the PC and put the files onto my phone's SD card (where I keep all of my programs' installation files for future re-installs), tried to execute both of them and got the same error message. So...I went back to the HTC list and clicked the download link for the Touch and noticed that the same two files were listed. But thinking that perhaps a re-download might give me a fresh pair of files to work with, I used them. Same error.

What am I doing wrong? Or is this BOGUS?

"No...but if we think fast enough, we just might live to lie about it."

Last edited by mtnmedic; 11-25-2008 at 02:15 PM.