View Single Post
Old 11-25-2008, 01:31 PM
xweaponx
HTC Soldier

xweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
A $1.48 goes a long way... Black Battery Cover!

So I had an idea. If its been discussed already, mods please feel free to delete...

Wal-mart has boxes of RIT dye for $1.48 in housewares. I bought a box of black and decided to experiment. Heating a pot of water on medium, I dumped the dye contents and placed the battery cover of my Touch Pro in the pot. I did not remove the camera lense cover; simply placed the entire cover in the pot. I stirred occasionally for 15 minutes, removed and viola... a fabulously looking black cover. The rubberized coating is still there and looks as if it came like that.

Chances are you could dye the cover purple, red, black and blue depending on dye availability.

Just thought I would share...

Here is what the inside looks. The dye didnt adhere well here but its ok cause you will never see it...

My cover on my computer in front of my favorite website. As you can see, the camera & flash lense are crystal clear...

As close as I could get while still maintaining focus...

Last edited by xweaponx; 11-28-2008 at 12:50 AM. Reason: New pics
This post has been thanked 231 times.