View Single Post
Old 11-23-2008, 04:41 PM
Insoc
Regular 'Geeker

Insoc is keeping up the good workInsoc is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Returned phones repackaged as New?

"When I returned my phone at Best Buy they pulled a box out of their stock, opened it up, and I could tell right away that it wasn't "new". There were fingerprints on the phone, if I remember correctly the screen cover was taken off, and when it was turned on it didn't go through the initial setup process. I suppose they could have taken this phone out for someone to play with at the store, but I'm guessing it was returned. The manufacture date was earlier than the one I was returning. The other phone they had in stock was new and had a manufacture date of a week or so later."

I have seen TWO BB that would open new phones, put the batteries in and run it through it's start up customization to save time when selling them to customers. This might be a common practice seeing it done at two different stores...

I have also returned two phones to BB and both times they were given to customer care, with return stickers, so they were not returned to stock.

When I got my second phone, it was made 10/12 (an early date) even though it was a 2nd or 3rd shipment to the store. My first phone was a 10/15, purchased on a Sunday before their official Monday release...

Last edited by Insoc; 11-23-2008 at 04:45 PM.