Thread: Disable Sensors
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2008, 12:25 AM
snovvman
Regular 'Geeker

snovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Disable Sensors

Quote:
Originally Posted by skfny View Post
I'd like to disable the G- and light sensors, and also disable the touch wheel in all apps except Opera Mobile.

I would hope these changes will improve battery life and would get rid of annoying situations where the sensors seem hyper-sensitive.

I already set the backlight setting to manual- does this effectively disable the front light sensor?
To disable GSensor:

HKLM/Drivers/BuiltIn/GSensor/Dll = Gsensor.dll, simply add a "1" in front of gsensor.dll, and it won't load. I find that this does help my battery life. I posted this in the Diamond forum but most people seem to like the sensor's fuctionality. You can always revert by removing the "1".

As you have discovered, the light sensor can be disabled from Settings>System... Setting the back light to lower values does reduce drain. I did find the driver for it somewhere in the registry. I will look again and post if I come across it. I would imagine that it is better if the .dll did not load at all.

Enjoy...
This post has been thanked 2 times.