View Single Post
Old 11-22-2008, 08:16 PM
xxxjdoggxxx
PPCGeeks Regular

xxxjdoggxxx is a n00b
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I am extremely dissapointed with Sprint customer service! (long thread)

Let me begin by saying I have had a defective Touch Pro for almost a month now because for various reasons I haven't been able to exchange it. Every weekend I have had this phone I have called Best Buy to see if there were any in stock and every weekend I was told no. For the first 2 weekends I didn't bother contacting Sprint (except for one email where I was told exchange it at best buy) because I figured Best Buy would have them in stock soon. The third weekend I finally called the local (not really local, a 30 minute one way drive for me, I only have time for that on the weekends) Sprint store and they told me they could do the exchange through my insurance and they would call me as soon as the replacement was shipped to them (told me probably that Tuesday) they never called me.

Now that brings me to what happened today. I first called Best Buy (as I have done the last 3 weekends) and was told they had none (believe it or not I was told they are not availible in stores online only until I told the person I bought mine at Best Buy). Then I called the local Sprint store to see what they could do about this and every time I called I got a message saying no one was availible to take my call (I kept trying to call them all day and got the same message every time, got it the couple times I tried calling during the week too) so I figured I would try the Sprint Online chat (I've tried email and phone support and both are a waste of time).

I got in the chat and explained basically what I have explained so far in this post. At first I was simply told I would have to go to Best Buy and Sprint could do nothing for me even after explaining it is almost impossible to make calls with the phone (if you want to know all the problems with my phone search the forums, this thread is already long enough without all that information) finally after about 10 minutes I got the the person to agree that I could exchange it through the insurance I have (at first they asked me if I had Best Buy insurance or Sprint insurance and actually told me it would only work if I had Best Buy insurance as Sprint insurance doesn't cover defects on phones bought from Best Buy only form sprint to which I replied by asking what is the point of me having Sprint insurance then). I was then told I would have to pay a $50 deductible (which is total bs considering how much money I spent on the phone already only to get a defective one) and would have to call the insurance company to process everything (which means possibly explaining my whole story to another person and probably being told there is nothing they can do).

This is not the first time I have had problems dealing with Sprint. It was a nightmare going back and forth with them when trying to exchange my Palm Centro for the Pro within my first 30 days of my contract, but that is a story for another time. My question to anyone reading this is how should I go about getting my Pro exchanged without paying any more money and without dealing with more people who don't know what they are talking about. I bought the Pro on Oct. 25th and I think I only have til Monday on my 30 day exchange period at Best Buy. I can't even begin to describe how angry all of this has made me. I will say that Sprint's data and call services are great for a decent price and I really think the Touch Pro has the potential to be a great phone (if I didn't have a defective one) but Sprint's customer service is horrible. Maybe someone should create a thread on how to effectively deal with Sprint customer service.