View Single Post
Old 11-22-2008, 01:32 AM
Lylej2k
Geek'n it Up

Lylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Lylej2k
Re: Simple clock change and incoming call ring time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber00Dak View Post
Been searching but cant find anything. Apparently when someone calls my phone it rings on their side atleast 3 times before my phone starts to ring/vibrate. Is there anyway to change the response time for this?

Edit: its called Slot Cycle Index (SCI): how often your phone pings the tower for incoming calls and the instructions on how to do it are in post #2 in this thread http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...polling+towers

19-FIX THE SLOW RINGER

To do this, you will need your MSL, which only Sprint (or your provider) can provide you. Open up the phone app and dial ##778# (PST). You will be asked to enter your MSL. Enter it, and you will be brought into the provisioning of your phone. From the top left, select Modem Settings. On this page, your Slot Cycle Index (SCI) is how often your phone polls the tower for incoming calls, etc. This value is 1.28 seconds multiplied by 2^value (i.e 0=1.28 secs, 1=2.56secs) with 0 fastest, 7 slowest. The default is 2, but lowering it to 1 hasn't noticeably affected my battery life, and roughly 2.5 second (SCI 1) response time is far more reasonable than roughly 5 seconds (SCI 2)

From that post.

Search for BAF MSL Grabber its a small program that will tell you your MSL
Don't forget to hit the

Last edited by Lylej2k; 11-22-2008 at 01:51 AM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.