View Single Post
Old 11-21-2008, 07:48 PM
bbf
Lurker

bbf is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: All audio keeps coming through Bluetooth Headset. :(

I also have a BT8010 and have the same problems with the Touch Pro.
I only used official sprint ROM's with my Mogul and didn't have this problem. I also had Voice command installed on the Mogul as well.

I think that the problem is that somewhere in Sprint or HTC's customization of the Touch Pro's WM6.1 install they switched on the feature to route all system sounds to the BT HandsFree profile whenever a BT device is connected.

So I can be listening happily to an MP3 using A2DP and the Wireless Stereo profile... then a text message comes in and when the Touch Pro plays the "new message" sound, it routes through the HandsFree profile (low quality) and bumps the HTC Media player off of A2DP and into the void for a while, and then after many seconds it recovers and streams all the audio through the Handsfree profile rather than the Wireless Stereo profile. I have to shutdown the headset and turn it back on before it can sort things out. The same thing happens when I take a call as well... the phone switches the call through to the handsfree profile OK, but doesn't switch the systems sounds back through A2DP when the call is done. :-<