View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 02:48 PM
rycelover
PPCGeeks Regular

rycelover is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Initial impressions and thoughts on the Mogul

I've had it since 9:45 this morning and am comparing it to my 6700 running on BigJ's Reload Rom 1.1 and here are my impressions:

Initially the unit definitely feels lighter than my 6700 - buth then of course it would since I was using an extended 2400 mah battery on it

The slide out keyboard with its spring load feels neat and there's a bit of play when it's closed and any light push on the keypad would send the screen into landscape mode.

I miss having a volume slide controller. I still haven't figured out how to quickly set the phone into vibrate mode or increase the volume. I know that during a call, the thumbwheel will adjust the volume, but I would like to set the phone to silence sometimes.

I can't assign the windows and ok buttons to new programs [the ones sitting next to the call and end buttons]

I need to get used to using the thumbwheel to move around - i instinctively move to the D-pad, which is also an adjustment.

The screen is much brighter than the 6700.

The massive amount of storage in the rom is great; although I'm afraid that it won't take me too long to fill that up!

Havent' tried the wifi yet.

Bluetooth: A2DP works as well as AVRCP on WMP and sony HBH970. Incoming calls get routed through without a problem.

So far I've installed SBP Diary, Pocket Plus and Weather - all working fine; MortSaver [best device locking program]; TCMP.

Activesync works as advertised and I had no trouble syncing with my exchange server. POutlook works as it had in the past.

I can't seem to activate the keyboard light when I slid out the keyboard and start typing ... GRRRR

Whew, sorry for long rambling post. Will add more thoughts as i play with it throughout the day.