View Single Post
Old 11-20-2008, 08:44 AM
jthomas8946
Regular 'Geeker

jthomas8946 knows their stuffjthomas8946 knows their stuffjthomas8946 knows their stuffjthomas8946 knows their stuffjthomas8946 knows their stuffjthomas8946 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sync Windows Mobile 6.1 with Exchange Server

I am posting this, because I finally got it to work for me. I have seen numerous posts on this, but with no solution.

Since Windows Mobile 6.1 people have had problems getting their email, contacts, and calendar to sync correctly OTA (over the air). I was able to get my email to sync, but not my contacts and calendar.

There seems to be a change with Active Sync in the new WM 6.1. Some say it is more secure and that it needs to download the certificate directly from the server. I have also seen a post that says it maybe an ISA issue. Either way, there is a way to make it work.

Solution:

1. Setup Active sync on your device to sync with your OWA (Outlook Web Access Server) or whatever frontend server you use for exchange.

2. Once this is setup, sync your device directly to your computer via a USB cable.
* If this is a work email account, you may need to do this on your
work computer that is connected to your domain.
* If you or your employer uses a web proxy server you will need to set
this up on your device. Start - Settings - Connections - Connections - Advanced - Select Networks - My Work Network
(Edit this) - Proxy Settings (Check both boxes) - Select Advanced
Select HTTP Webproxy:80 - Enter in your domain username and
password - OK - OK - Ok - OK

3. Without making any changes to any of the settings you should now be able to sync OTA.

This is what worked for me. This may not work for you, but if you need this capability it is worth a try!

I would like to thank Keith at the following link. He was working on this just as hard as I was and we both came up with a way to make it happen until the solution is resolved by Microsoft.