View Single Post
Old 11-20-2008, 07:39 AM
asuh
PPCGeeks Regular

asuh is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Diamond Tweak author to port to Touch Pro?

I've had a couple of messages with the author of the wonderful but kinda buggy Diamond Tweak. He has been very good at responding and seems genuinely interested in what we want.

So please, list some questions about what he has created, make some suggestions about his tweaks and I'll do my best to have this conversation with him. I think Diamond Tweak has lots of potential so let's see if we can make it work for TP users!

Here are copied and pasted notes from our conversation:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCristoffOn
Hi asuh,

Quote:
Originally Posted by asuh
I'm sure this has been asked before, but do you have any interest or is there any development to port this tweak over to the TP? I love it but there are a few things about it that don't work correctly on the TP. Thanks!
Which ones ?

My reply was:

Quote:
Here's a few that come to mind:
  1. why it is making changes when closing the application via X rather than OK. It should only make changes when clicking OK.
  2. "Use Clear Text in Landscape Mode" jarbles up the text when using Contacts or text fields
  3. Scrolling with Dpad functionality on all or at least most apps, right now it's not working on everything.
  4. There are certain tweaks which are GSM specific but should either apply to CDMA or not at all since we're on a different network.
  5. Although I think most of the registry tweaks are shared between the Diamond and TP, I have a feeling there are a few which aren't compatible between the two.

These are the ones I can either find or think of. Lemme know what your thoughts are.

Quote:
Hi asuh,

Quote:
I'm sure this has been asked before, but do you have any interest or is there any development to port this tweak over to the TP? I love it but there are a few things about it that don't work correctly on the TP. Thanks!
Which ones ?

He then replied:

Quote:
Try to give you some answers...
Quote:
Here's a few that come to mind:
why it is making changes when closing the application via X rather than OK. It should only make changes when clicking OK.
For each tweak, the registry modification is immediately effective when you change the value. X or OK doesn't do any action.
Quote:
"Use Clear Text in Landscape Mode" jarbles up the text when using Contacts or text fields
Then this tweak should not be activate on TP. I will add a comment in that way.
Quote:
Scrolling with Dpad functionality on all or at least most apps, right now it's not working on everything.
It works on all listed apps !
Quote:
There are certain tweaks which are GSM specific but should either apply to CDMA or not at all since we're on a different network.
I don't really know this network. If you can advise me on it, It will be appreciate.

Also, I suggest you post your remarks on the relative thread so that other TP users could also help us.

Thanks.