Old 11-19-2008, 02:23 AM
jasperppc
Lurker

jasperppc is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: internet not working

Hi,

I had the same problem (newly activated phone, can make voice calls, but can't make get on the Internet). The error I got was that it couldn't connect to #777. Here's what I tried:

Before you try any of this, get your MSL, and use it to find your MDN and MSID. Write these three numbers down!

##DATA# Change your Active Profile from "0" to "1". This worked for some people, but it didn't work for me. One thing that I noticed was wrong with mine is that the "User Name" field is blank. Sprint Tech had me manually fill it in, but this just caused some other error (67)

##RTN# - Do a reset. This just caused the phone to go into "Handsfree Activation", but it fails in the end. This ended up wiping my MDN and MSID, which I had to re-enter (##<MSL>#).

I also tried some other tips from XDA, like deleting the Sprint connection, and doing update Profile.

None of these sloved my problem, so I just went back to the store and exchanged for another one. Don't buy the Sprint Tech's story about "network outage" or backlog. It's simply BS. I took my Touch Pro, exchanged it for another one, and the new one was activated in a few minutes and the Internet worked instantly.

4 hours wasted, and now I'm on my third TP. Sprint needs to figure out what is going on, both for their sake and the sake of their customers. When I was exchanging my TP, the reps were talking about how another person was in there earlier today exchanging for the exact same reason.

Cheers.