srievley
Lurker

srievley is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Turn Word Suggestion Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post
Install the cab I posted on this thread, soft reset, and then reconfigure your settings in the Input control panel how you like them.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43997
When I use this, it works perfectly in landscape, but in portrait mode it messes up my contact selection. I went back to using the default settings but I would really like to use the "old" way. By "messes up" I mean that it if I type "L" it pulls up all of my contacts that match "L", except that the the top part of the selection box is above the screen, hidden by the start menu task bar. If I only have one or two names that match, I can't even see them. If there are three or more, only the bottom names show up. I can press up on the d-pad and blindly select the name and it will place it in the To box, but I have to guess how many times to press up. The next time I try to send a new text, it won't even pop up a list of matches, it will only display the letters I type. I've tried your newest cab and I still have this problem. Do you have any sugestions? I'm running the stock Sprint ROM and don't have any tweeking programs installed.