Thread: Gamers rom
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2008, 05:47 PM
ruskiyab
Very Important Person

ruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Gamers rom

Quote:
Originally Posted by svargas05 View Post
please dont mind me asking.....

but just to make it clear to myself....can somebody please define what a ROM is and why upgrading is sometimes beneficial.....

Im kinda new to the WinMo world.....im good with the PC but the first time dealing with the Mobile version...

so yea, somebody? Rom? I dunno what they are, what they do and what theyre for....

If I asked in the wrong place, feel free to move it wherever mods...

THANKS!
Yes, this thread is not about that so I'd think this is the wrong place.

But to answer your question, think of it as upgrading your operating system. Most of the custom roms available right now have a newer build of winmo which is faster than the shipped one, some removal of unecessary things and sometimes customizations all of which stay if you have to to a hard reset