View Single Post
Old 11-18-2008, 01:21 PM
PolloLoco
Regular 'Geeker

PolloLoco is keeping up the good workPolloLoco is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
A2DP Music Player Advice for Touch Pro

I did a search for A2DP and didn't come up with any similar topics - if I missed a thread, please direct me to it.

I've been using my TP for A2DP music and audio books, but have been rotating between the Sprint Music tab, Windows Media and Mortplayer because neither does exactly what I want. I'd like to be able to control tracks from my headset and also be able to browse by folder structure.

If I use the Sprint Music Tab, A2DP controls from my headset work out pretty well except for the following. When I pause from my headset - the time value on the screen of my TP goes to zero on both ends. If I then press play on the TP - I go to the next track instead of resuming where I left off. If instead I press pause again on my headset, the track resumes correctly but the time never updates until I go to the next track. Also I can find no way to browse by folder structure.

Windows Media does everything correctly, but actually has worse compatibility with certain MP3 files, I can't figure it out. Also - if I exit out of WMP - I can't resume where I left off. There don't appear to be any settings to fix this.

Finally, Mortplayer accomplished everything I wanted on the 6700 - but not on the Touch Pro. When try to use A2DP controls - WMP opens up, and the audio stream from Mortplayer continues unabated. That's just weird.

Any suggestions that would help me with using these audio players - or suggestions about others that I might try?