View Single Post
Old 11-18-2008, 12:37 AM
Nagual
Regular 'Geeker

Nagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Ghost Armor Does not Fit right

Well, as I sit here my TP is turned off, battery removed, and the Ghost Armor is setting into place while I wait a few hours for safety before powering it back on.

Applying it took me the better part of an hour and a half I'd say, and I surprised myself by doing every little piece. It wasn't easy because some of those small/thin strip pieces aren't obvious in where they should be placed!

Despite my best efforts to keep everything clean and follow the instructions, I do have two small air bubbles on the front like "eyes" on the screen, and one on the backing toward one edge. Also, a few stray marks under the guard surface. But overall for an amateur I think I did an admirable job and hopefully when it settles those bubbles might reduce or vanish (wishful thinking...?).

But as to the quality of the material and its coverage, I am even at this early stage VERY impressed. It's totally clear (or "invisible" as another product calls theirs--on the screen and controls especially you cannot see it there), smooth, and I think once it fully adheres it will be very very tough to damage any area of my TP which is covered by the Ghost Armor.

If you buy and do apply, please just make sure to keep your fingers as moist as possible with the applicator solution whenever you can to help you make the GA plastic as pliable as possible. What they say is really true--as long as not too much time has gone by you can peel whatever piece you're working on back off and try again, so don't get discouraged.

Looking forward to using my now much more tough TP and I'll follow up with a report in a day or two about how it's "permed" itself onto the device.

Update: with some crazed persistence I used my index and fingernail to work the bubbles out by pushing them repeatedly in tiny increments to the edge and out. I wasn't confident that they were going to vanish on their own, and the longer the protector adhered I thought it might become impossible. Unfortunately they left two small "trails" behind but those are preferable to the bubbles. If worse comes to worse and I can't stand how it looks I can order another and try again.

Also, the extremely thin strip for the chrome area on top of the screen was misaligned (tough one) so I just took it off permanently.

(Now that's more detail than you probably ever needed to know. I should be busting up laughing at myself by now )

Last edited by Nagual; 11-18-2008 at 01:14 AM.