View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 07:08 PM
DSGamer
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

DSGamer is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: About to give up on the HTC Touch Pro. Help?

Regarding why I'd leave Sprint over a phone? It's more that I can't find a phone that fits my needs. I want a comfortable keyboard and a calendar that's easy to access. Those are my baseline needs. Obviously the Centro isn't comfortable enough. I started having thumb pain and decided to get a new phone. What other phone is there that I'm not considering? The Samsung Rant? The Palm 800W? Those are the only other options I can see (the curve keyboard is uncomfortable to me).

About the speed of the device. What tweaks should I be making? I found a page here and went down the list. I installed Advanced Config or whatever it's called and changed large number of the settings as recommended at that site and here. Things like the touch screen responsiveness, memory allocation, etc. Still slow.

If I turned off TouchFlo 3D, what would I replace it with? I like being able to see, at a glance, that I have missed phone calls, missed text messages, etc. This was something I could always do with my centro and navigating to respond to them was very quick and easy. How would I do that off of the Today screen? I'm not being sarcastic. I'm polling for the most responsive, least resource intensive option for this.