View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 05:11 PM
DSGamer
PPCGeeks Regular

DSGamer is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
About to give up on the HTC Touch Pro. Help?

I bought an HTC Touch Pro from Sprint this weekend and I'm about to bail. Not just on the phone, but on Sprint. My wife and I have been with Sprint for about 9 years. But this phone is too much for me to take. It's slow to navigate TouchFlo 3D. I've accidentally called people 6 times in the last 2 days because of lag in applications and consequently slip ups in touching the screen at the wrong time. The phone works well enough, but it has so many little things that feel "off" in terms of how I interact with it. It's hard to scroll the recent call history or my contacts with your finger. So I have to use the D-Pad, which is at the bottom of this phone.

The reason I got the phone was because I had a Palm Centro, that while very easy to navigate and fairly intuitive and fast, wasn't terribly comfortable. Plus no voice dialing, which got old. Anyway, I'm trying to figure out before I give up on the phone and maybe Sprint if there's perhaps something wrong with my phone? If there's some major tweak I'm missing. I've done a lot of the speed tweaks listed here and it just still isn't right. I go to task manager and the memory in use is something like 80 MB. That's a lot for a phone. At least it seems like a lot to me. Any help would be appreciated.