View Single Post
Old 11-16-2008, 05:07 PM
no2chem
Retired Staff

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Quest to modify the timeout for hardware keyboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
Ok...I'm going to do this. It's probably going to take a while, but it will happen. Everyone knows the keyboard backlight goes out after about 6 or 7 seconds, and it's very frustrating. If there was one thing I could change about the Touch Pro, this would probably be it. So, let's get this project rolling...

I'm fairly fluent in VB and C++, so as long as the alleged system dll's that control these lights are coded in one of these two languages, I could, in theory, recode and compile with the proper tools. One of the following needs to happen:

1. Someone with a dll/exe decompiler needs to decompile the code and send it to me.
2. Someone needs to donate enough money to pay for a decompiler license (not cheap, $100+)

Since 2 is unlikely to happen, please let me know if you have access to a decompiler.

I think there are further possibilities as well, but I don't know. I haven't seen this talked about before. If you have, please chime in as well.
i'm aware of these issues and they should be controllable with next build of nueROM, along with some mappable keys.
This post has been thanked 1 times.