View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 10:28 PM
GoodThings2Life
Bringer of Good Things
Threadstarter

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Post Re: Touch Pro Cleanup (Sprint Edition)

This post is for those who like most parts of the Sprint Manila theme, but still want to get rid of the hyper-obnoxious yellow.

If you're like me, you look at the Sprint theme and say something like, "The Sprint theme looks pretty decent except for that god-forsaken yellow. It's like a snow field that somebody at Sprint decided to pee on! Why would they do that?!"

Well, it's taken me a week to get it how I like it, but I did it. I hope to God I never have to do it again! Editing Manila themes is by far the WORST experience I've ever had with Windows Mobile tweaking. So that said, I will NOT change this theme. It is what it is, and you either like it or hate it, and you either use it or not on your own choice. If you want to edit it yourself, go right ahead, but aside from some documentation I'm going to post in the Themes forum, I'm never touching this again! Ever!

OK, so... at the bottom you will find two installers-- sprint_manila_blue will tweak the default Sprint skin and will leave the Sprint Music and Sprint TV tabs as they are out of the box. The "revised" tweak will remove the Sprint Music Store link, rename the Sprint Music tab to "Music", and remove the Sprint TV tab.

Other changes-- ALL YELLOW has been replaced with a deep shade of BLUE (it's not exact, but it's pretty close to the PPCGeeks dark blue background, and surprisingly that wasn't intentional, lol). Also, the unread mail/sms notifications are RED... I was going to be consistent and use the blue, but they really didn't show up very well.

For those interested, the blue has a hex value of #283048. The grays used are #333333, black is #000000, and white is #FFFFFF. The light grays used for the email account, landscape, and program highlights are #C1C1C1.

Here are some screenshots:

Here's how to install this:

1. Copy the file of your choice to your phone (see the first post for details on that if you need them).
2. DISABLE TOUCHFLO3D and switch to another Today skin (temporarily). Do this by going to Start > Settings > Today ... select a skin that isn't "Sprint" and then click Items and uncheck TouchFLO3D. IF YOU DONT DO THIS, BAD THINGS MAY OR MAY NOT HAPPEN, SO JUST DO IT!
3. Install the file by tapping on it in File Explorer.
4. Soft reset even if it doesn't ask you to do so!
5. Re-select the Sprint skin and re-enable TouchFLO3D (reversing step 2).

Troubleshooting:

If you have trouble with this or if some of the graphics don't look right or if you actually find some yellow that I've somehow missed, let me know so I can look into it.

THIS CAN ONLY BE INSTALLED ON THE STOCK SPRINT THEME. DO NOT INSTALL THIS IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER ROM OR SKIN! DO NOT INSTALL THIS IF YOU HAVE MADE EXTENSIVE CHANGES ON YOUR OWN TO THE SPRINT THEME! IT CAN BE INSTALLED IN ADDITION TO MY TOUCH CLEANUP ABOVE!
Attached Files
File Type: cab sprint_manila_blue.cab (145.6 KB, 476 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab sprint_manila_blue_revised.cab (153.2 KB, 981 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by GoodThings2Life; 11-29-2008 at 03:21 PM.
This post has been thanked 53 times.