View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 10:58 AM
no2chem
Retired Staff

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: FastCharge Registry Edit Question (USB Charging)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayajin View Post
I noticed that No2Chem put a registry edit in his new ROM (disabled by default) where it removed the phones charging power limiter and makes it always draw the full charge.

I was trying to find some more information about this edit and was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction?

I have searched google as well as these forums and cant seem to find anything!

My main concern is charging with the USB cable (I know disclamers are standard, but I like to at least read about them) I charge my phone via my PC USB cable 99.9% of the time and I know the disclamer is specifically geared towards USB charging.

Im just wondering if it makes sense to leave it disabled if you charge primarily with USB or its okay to still enable it?

Thanks guys!

-Sayajin
to be honest, it seems to work fine on the 2 computers i've connected it to, but... i think the primary concern with third-party chargers that only output 500mA or less, or some old usb controllers that don't want to supply 1A - most computers will have USB connected to a +5V rail on the motherboard which probably could supply at least 1A... but then again, not throughly tested so.. at your own risk.