View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 03:02 PM
fogmachine
Lurker

fogmachine is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Three Issues I can't find anywhere.

I don't mean to start a new thread if others have covered these issues already, but I don't believe they have. So here goes:

1-My phone is automatically connecting to the Internet.

I have downloaded a recommended program called Advanced Configuration which I read could fix this...I don't see how.
I also read that the cause is most likely from Pocket Express, and removing it will fix this...but I don't wanna do that.

2-Just like every other HTC I've used, if you miss a call/text with the phone in the case/pocket, it is free to call people on it's own, among other things, due to the touchscreen.

I know there wasn't much that could be done on previous versions but I believe the Touch Pro can beat it...with the built-in light sensor. There has to be a way of manipulating the sensor into not turning the screen on for any reason if its in a case. Much like the way the phone knows when you put it up to your ear.
I have no privacy issues and do not wish to 'lock' my phone.

3-While on the subject of missing calls while in the case/pocket, is there any way to increase the intensity of the vibrate? I mean safely?

I don't wanna damage my phone, but most of the time I can't tell when it goes off. And when I'm at work I cant have it ring out loud.

Thank you in advance for your responses. I think we all appreciate how quickly problems get solved on PPCGEEKS!!!