Thread: Mail Settings
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 12:52 AM
DaPeeps
Halfway to VIP Status

DaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to DaPeeps Send a message via Yahoo to DaPeeps Send a message via Skype™ to DaPeeps
Re: Mail Settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHEMD View Post
Sporklover - The option to automatically find settings is only when you are setting up a Exchange account. All others it doesn't give you this option.

BumSF - I am going to try your technique. I don't understand why there isn't a way to input all the settings oneself - i.e incoming and outgoing server, ports, SSL, etc. Makes no sense not to have this available.
BumSF is correct...thats the only way to do it. Its a bug in WinMo 6.1. Its even listed as an offical workaround on Gmails support site. (To use Imap). It defaults to Pop3 unless you spell wrong, setup manually, and go back and edit your address. So it DOES allow you to type in the servers and crap manually (if : A- It doesnt find an auto setup option for your provider, or: B - You spell it wrong so it WONT find the autosetup)

If I or someone else helps you out, don't just say thanks, click!
This post has been thanked 1 times.