View Single Post
Old 11-10-2008, 06:04 PM
lvdata
N00b

lvdata is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro CDMA Hard-SPL brought to you by CDMA Raphael Elite Team

It mostly works for me. I ran the Raphael_CDMA_HSPL_037.exe and it stated to flash, but got stuck on the tri-color screen, in unlocked mode, but the unlocker util said that it failed. This was because of the long time it took to re-recognize the device under VMWare. I have a XPpro32bit host, and a XP32bit virtual machine that runs my normal working OS. It got stuck on 0% and I could hear the XP host recognizing the TP, but it takes a min, then VMware takes over, disconnects it and white VMware was reconnecting it to the VM that was running active sync and the unlocker, the unlocker timed out. I let the VM XP finish recognizing the TP, then restarted the unlocker. The unlocker was not able to find a version the 2nd time around, but it did start going from 0 to 100% on both the desktop and the TP(It seemed to take under 2 seconds to go from 0-100%), then rebooted like normal. Then when the TP rebooted again it was back to the normal mode. I did successfully get back to the tri-color screen and it did show as unlocked with spl 037, so everything did run correctly at the end. Is it possible to adjust that time out to give the unlocker more time to pause while the Plug and play runs? This is also to let others know at least one person was able to unlock a TP with VMware and a XP Host and VM combination. This was NOT a issue when unlocking my older HTC Vogue on the exact same VMware Workstation/XP Host/XP VM setup.

Host XP sp2 with 4 gigs of ram, 2.16ghz Core2duo Dell Latitude D830
VM XP sp2 with 1 gig of ram, 2 cpus for this VM, no other VM's running at the time.
This post has been thanked 1 times.