View Single Post
Old 11-10-2008, 05:42 PM
santod
"MODS"

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unlocked CDMA Sprint on U.S. Cellular network

I have been doing a bit of research on upgrading my current Windows Mobile device. I am currently in a 3-line family plan with U.S. Cellular and would love to get a Touch Pro. I'll cut to the question.

If I bought say , an unlocked Sprint HTC Touch Pro, what is needed to flash it to prepare it for U.S. Cellular's network. They are both CDMA carriers. I was told by U.S. Cellular that, if it were unlocked and flashed for their network they could enter it into their system. Of course, not guaranteeing it will function properly(the usual blah blah). Is all that is needed a carrier .cab file for U.S. Cellular? If so, would it be the same as say, the USCC carrier .cab for the PPC6800(Mogul/Titan)? Or are the carrier cab files device specific? If they are indeed device specific, then this is all impossible to do, right? Also, would it be possible even without flashing a carrier cab and just manually entering in the appropriate settings ESN,PRL,etc., after it's been unlocked?

Sorry that was so long, any help is greatly appreciated.