View Single Post
Old 11-10-2008, 09:49 AM
Cicatrize
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exchanged TP for a new one, no more issues...

Mfr Date: 10/12/08.

My first Touch Pro that I got on release day was build date of 10/13/08. I'm not sure if that made the difference, but my new one is much better. The keyboard on my old one was incredibly snug and would "scrape" against the plastic when pulling it out or pushing it back in. The bottom capacitive buttons were raised slightly from the device and not flush, and after 2 weeks with the device, I started to have the problem others were having where the left side was raised up. The keyboard was also very stiff and the spacebar was sometimes hard to press.

This new one (10/12/08 build) is fantastic! There is a fair gap between the keyboard and screen. No more scraping, and it's very smooth. The bottom capacitive buttons are COMPLETELY flush with the device (maybe 1/5 of a mm raised, not even noticeable) with no issues, and the d-pad seems to be more responsive because of this. The keyboard is much better as well. It seems to require much less effort to hit the keys, and the spacebar is no longer a hassle.

I just wanted to let you guys know because if you're having those little issues, it's not right, and it's not characteristic of the phone, because now I have one that doesn't have those annoyances. Take it back.