View Single Post
Old 11-09-2008, 07:04 PM
MightyM0use
N00b

MightyM0use is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to MightyM0use Send a message via MSN to MightyM0use
Re: Most interesting free Diamond apps Downloads here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethro_static View Post
Created by: DeepThought of XDA

hTorch v2.2 | using camera LED as flashlight

hTorch is just a FrontEnd programmed as an extension for TorchButton. NetRipper deserves most of the credit because my application uses his TorchButton v1.2 application underneath.

hTorch is built for the HTC Raphael (aka HTC Touch Pro) and has only been tested on this device. PLEASE NOTE: Use this application at your own risk! I’ve done as much testing as possible, and will try to fix every bug which will be reported but it's my first Windows Mobile application and I can not guarantee that it is free of bugs. (Well, even if it would be my 500th application I would still not be able to guarantee that - but anyway - you know what I mean )

Usage:
The program installs itself into "%ProgramFiles%\hTorch" and also creates a shortcut into %StartMenu%\Programs\Accessories. The further usage is as simple as possible. Start hTorch using the shortcut. On program start the LED will automatically be turned on and you will see the programs main screen. On the main screen you can enable and disable the flashlight as needed using the bulb button or exit the application using the exit button. Both buttons are also available as soft key. On Program exit the torch will automatically be turned off.
PLEASE NOTE: The flashlight will stay on for a max of 86400 seconds to prevent burning the LED. This should not be very likely as this posting explains but I think one day should be sufficient. Please also note that the LED can not be left turned on while the device is in standby. So if you want to use the torch for an extended period please make sure to configure your power settings accordingly or to tab the screen from time to time to keep the device awake. I intentionally left as much free space on the main screen as possible to make tabbing into a "free space" easy and to keep the screen as dark as possible.
pRequirements:
  • This program requires .NET Compact Framework 3.5 to run. If you are not sure if you have the Framework installed or which version you have installed please follow this instructions
  • If you have TorchButton installed on your device, you should uninstall it before installing hTorch

Version History:
v2.2:
  • Updated TorchButton to v1.2 which enlarged the maximum timeout from 300 seconds to 86400 seconds (a day) - Thank you NetRipper!
v2.1:
  • Completely replaced all graphics to give the program a much more professional look and feel. (Artwork was done by obsidian73 - Thank You!)
  • Replaced the exe-file icon with a more diamond-like one
v2.0 (unreleased private beta):
  • Completely rewritten source so that hTorch can now detect the LED state
  • Tightened the program as much as possible (exe-file lost about a bit more than 25% of its size)
  • Automatically turn off the LED on program exit
  • Changed auto-off timer to 5 minutes (hard coded)
  • Added SoftKey functions
  • Added About Dialog
v1.1:
  • Fixed Bug when installing to Storage Card
  • Start LED on program start
v1.0b:
  • Initial version
On the picture you can see the programs main screen:

hTorch_v2.2.cab <---download here

Goto this link fr updates:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=440405

No offense intended but why is this in the Diamond forum? The diamond does not have the hardware to run this program.
This post has been thanked 2 times.