Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to sd4shizy
i told u u ******

Breaking: ITC Places Partial Ban on New Phones Using Qualcomm Technology E-mail
General News
Written by Humberto Saabedra
Thursday, 07 June 2007
The International Trade Commission has ordered a partial ban on new CDMA/W-CDMA cellular phones sold in the US that use Qualcomm processors.

While current models are not affected and will continue to be sold, any new models that have been recently announced such as the HTC Mogul on Sprint or the Samsung A727 on AT&T will not be released.

Qualcomm recently lost a lawsuit brought on by Broadcom when a judge found that Qualcomm violated three Broadcomm patents implemented in Qualcomm processors. Until the case is settled no new CDMA/W-CDMA models that utilize Qualcomm processors will be released severely affecting business plans for CDMA carriers (Sprint, Verizon, Alltel, etc.) while AT&T will only launch new models that do not use Qualcomm processors such as those from Nokia. We will cover this development and post as soon as new information is available

this was posted on phonenews.

Edited by Pibe38: No need for the insult. You have been warned.