View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 11:49 PM
TurboFool
Timeless

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool
Re: Can my old USB charger (PPC6700) work w/ the Touch Pro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay A whY View Post
Ok... So I received my TP today, and was looking @ the charger it came with, one side of connecter is flat and it is not a regular mini USB connection.. I did try using my old PPC6700 USB charger, and it charged the TP, but the connection doesn’t seem secure.. If you look inside the USB cable that came with the TP, the contact/female connection looks a little different, compared to a normal mini USB connection.. I really don't feel comfortable using my old PPC6700 USB charger with my new TP, looks like I’ll have to spend more money on accessories….
They are designed to support standard USB chargers. Just use it. It's perfectly safe, and perfectly standard, and the entire reason they designed the port that way. Otherwise they would have made it not fit and not charge the phone. Relax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haroonie View Post
when i first got my mogul when it first came out, it was working great. then i used a random generic mini usb cord from an old mini hdd from hong kong to sync and half the keys stopped working / keyboard didnt light up any longer.

charger should work fine though, but just an fyi about my experience with mini usb..
Which would be evidence that you had either a really bad coincidental failure, or a really poor-quality cable that had a short in it. Either way, this has nothing to do with it being mini-USB.