Thread: Touch Pro MSL
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 01:59 PM
clockcycle
VIP Member

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro MSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by superevilllama View Post
emmm i dont believe you can mess your phone up by finding the msl. you are not writing anything to the device.

Either way, the following is sucessful:

* Start your favorite pocket-pc terminal program (like pocketPutty - http://www.pocketputty.net/)
* Connect to com9 (Putty used default speed of 9600)
* type in AT+HTC_RMSL=0 and hit enter, your MSL will be displayed.

There is an option given on the forums using CDMAWORKSHOP that used improperly can render your phone useless.. Also depending on where you get the program, it includes a trojan, also messing up your PC. The guide does mention he recommends using the trial off the author's site. I didn't want to mention this because I didn't want anyone to end up messing things up.

The option you've posted is a much safer route. Thanks
-CC