View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 01:36 AM
msiegle
N00b

msiegle is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro: Disable the Volume Keys & add hard keys functionalities

I am also using AEButton Plus to try to make up for the missing hard keys that I became accustomed to on the Mogul. I really miss the "OK" button the most followed by the Windows Key. I tried to remap the back arrow as an "OK" button and the envelope on the keyboard as "OK," but the results are quite mixed. It seems like I have to hit the key several times for the "OK" press to actually be registered. Then there are times, especially with the remapped Envelope key, where it will actually bring up messaging instead of just doing what the OK button would have done on a specific screen.

If it weren't for the fact that when you are in a threaded message you have to hit OK to return to your other messages or the other OK pop up dialog boxes that pop up I wouldn't be so concerned, but it's annoying having to reach to the screen to click OK, only to go back to the keyboard to continue typing to back down to the D-pad arrows to continue navigating.

BTW, remapping the volume keys to page up and page down on single press and volume up and down on long presses really makes up for the scroll wheel on the Mogul.