View Single Post
Old 06-05-2007, 06:21 PM
Acropolis
Lurker

Acropolis is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Old Phone Died - did I make the right decision?

I have been reading this forum for the past few months waiting for the PPC 6800 to come out. I haven't been in a huge hurry because my Verizon Wireless contract didn't expire until mid May. I was planning to purchase the SERO plan with the PPC 6800 as soon as it was available.

Well, my existing phone died this past weekend (standard voice phone - no data/non PDA). I called Verizon and they told me that I could only get a new phone if I wanted to sign a new 2 year agreement. No Thanks.

I ended up calling Sprint to see if they could do anything for me because I can't be without a phone for work until the PPC 6800 comes out. I ended up ordering the SERO 500 plan with the PPC 6700 for $288 and she told me that I could exchange it for the 6800 within 30 days. Do you think I made the right choice? I am pretty much screwed if it doesn't come out on the 18th, but then again, I am screwed if I don't have a phone for work.

I am also worried that it may be out on the 18th, but they will tell me that it isn't available when I call to exchange my phone. In that case, if I return my 6700, will they let me get the discount on the 6800 when it becomes available?

It would have been easier if my old phone held out for another few weeks.

Acropolis