View Single Post
Old 11-03-2008, 10:39 PM
ScrapMaker
VIP Member

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[Answered] [Please Lock] Is there such a thing as a perfect Touch Pro?

Just picked up my third Touch Pro, which supposedly came from the new batch of TP's that Best Buy just got in.

Same screen sensitivity problems, same metallic/buzzing earpiece, and overall blurry speakerphone.

Still gets RAGINGLY-hot if a phone call lasts longer than 5 minutes, and the battery still seems to drain faster than my gas tank...

All of you that claim to have no problems, can you please tell me that your phone exibits none of the following:

1) Earpiece w/ audiopara (lite) -- When you call Voicemail, on loudest volume, does the woman sound vibrant and clear, like a landline, or does it sound "tinny/metallic?" My original Touch, and every other phone I have ordered have had a very natural sound to the earpiece.

2) Speaker -- The speaker seems to have a much lower volume than my Touch, and no where near as clear. What about yours?

3) Screen -- The worst problem of all... Open a text message, using the full qwerty keyboard, push as LIGHTLY as possible, (with your thumb--not your fingernail or stylus,) on the middle/right of the 'a' key. does your 'a' key actually get pressed? On ALL THREE of my touch pro phones, it pushes the 's' instead. This is VERY aggrevating. You have to push harder to make the 'a' work. This is definitely not how my Touch worked. Also, tell me if it's JUST AS EASY to push the upper left/right of the screen as it is to push the very center.

4) Battery -- how are some of you getting "a day and a half" of usage? wtf is that? I don't think my phone would last 24 hours just being ON and connected to Sprint's EV-DO network. If my battery lasts 8 hours I am very amazed. So far it hasn't come close. I have my charger sitting on my desk at work, with the phone on it, all day. When I leave work at 5, I might send 10-15 texts, NO phone calls, and NO web-browsing, yet my battery will already be at 50% by 9pm. I just don't see how you guys are claiming 36 hours of battery life...

I honestly think that more people have defective phones than they realize, and are so absorbed by the "coolness/geek/productivity" factors, that they don't notice these other things. I want my phone to work perfectly as a PHONE--then be awesome at the other PPC stuff too... That's what my Touch did... but I wanted a better screen and a better keyboard.

So if you guys could kindly explain yourselves, I think it would be VERY helpful to those of us who might have defective units but THINK they are perfect...

Thanks,

Steve

After exhaustive research and a great deal of experience, it seems like quite a few people, (if not the majority,) are having huge problems with their Pros. I'm not here to judge or convince anyone to buy, or not to buy this phone. Pick the phone up for yourself and make the call--don't base such an important decision on comments on an internet forum.

Last edited by ScrapMaker; 12-22-2008 at 12:13 PM.