View Single Post
Old 11-03-2008, 10:11 AM
drezden
Lurker

drezden is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Considering TouchPro Return - Need Advice!

OK, so I was really excited to get the TP because I needed a phone for work that I could use for checking email and lots of texting, but after playing with the Pro for a week I'm really disappointed and considering a return to Best Buy.

So here and the major problems and my need for advice, many of you already know these issues.

1: Horrible call quality / earpiece - on nearly every call Ive made with this phone Ive had to have the other caller speak up or repeat something which is very annoying for all parties involved. Ive tried the Audiopara fix, WOW HD, unlocking AudioBooster, etc but no luck. Turning the earpiece up just makes it sound like Ive got a kazoo next to my head.

2: Horrible battery life - I'm out of the office a lot so I can't always get to a charger and even after doing tweaks to improve the life and doing a full drain on the battery, it still won't last throughout the day, even with light use. Plus after a long call my phone is hot which doesn't seem right.

3: Cheap feel / build quality - The battery cover and even the body in general on my TP is loose and creakier than the doors in a haunted house. I know I can largely fix this by adding tape or padding, but for what I paid for this thing I shouldn't have to do anything remotely like that.

So as a result I spent a long time last night watching review videos on YouTube and Im considering dropping back to a more simple phone. So do people here think I should attempt to get another TP and hope its better or go to a different phone with a QUERTY like the LG Lotus or the Samsung Rant? Call quality is my number one concern.

People here have been awesome about helping repair many of these issues so I really respect your opinions on these issues.
This post has been thanked 1 times.