Old 11-03-2008, 01:45 AM
pdaneophyte
Lurker

pdaneophyte is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sync'ing Sent Items via IMAP4 causes disappearance of sent item

Let me elaborate.
I am not using an exchange server so I don't know the folder structure of exchange. I use a regular IMAP server. The server rule for saving sent emails is putting a copy to the folder "Sent". When I use my old Treo 650, all emails that I sent from that device shows in that "Sent" folder. But then again I used ChatterEmail on that device, best email client ever on a PDA/Smartphone of any OS.

When I switch to my current device, a Treo 750v with WM6, after configuring my account on the 750 I notice that there is a new folder on my server, a "Sent Items". When I look into that folder, it just shows all my email sent from the 750, nothing else. I do use the option of sync Sent Items on the Pocket Outlook.

Now regarding your problem, can you specifies on your server which folder to save the Emails sent from your computer / laptop / webmail? What I mean is just use a separate folder for saving emails sent from your Treo 800w from the emails that you sent from anywhere else. Since Pocket Outlook defaults to save sent emails into a "Sent Items" folder and no way to save it to another folder, then you might want to specify another folder to save your emails on the server. True it is kludgy, but we are using "Windows" & "Outlook" which by definition is kludgy.

I don't recall if Flexmail handles this more gracefully than Pocket Outlook. You might want to look on that alternative.