Old 11-03-2008, 12:58 AM
John Lessnau
N00b
Threadstarter

John Lessnau is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 3rd Party Apps - Must haves

Remote Desk top sounds like it might be nice but it is $50 so I was wondering what kind of things you use it for? Can you pull a file off of your computer from anywhere. Can you check your outlook email right off of your computer. (which would be great because it would be spam and folder filtered) Examples of things you can do with it would be great.

I am definitely thinking about Slingplayer, it would be cool to access my DVR from the road if it really works and is not choppy with anything but a highspeed wifi connection.

The built in IM seems fine, I don't use gmail with my any of my offshore developers or freinds so are there any other features that make it better then the built in app?

How is Google maps better then the built in GPS mapping device that comes with touch pro? Ditto for
garmin mobile XT

I haven't tested the built in music player yet. I have an Ipod 80 gig with all my music, but I guess it would be nice to have 8 or 16 gigs of music on my phone.

On live search its already on the phone and seems like yet another mapping gps program.

Last edited by John Lessnau; 11-03-2008 at 10:51 AM. Reason: adjusted comment