View Single Post
Old 11-02-2008, 01:19 PM
KaliS
PPCGeeks Regular

KaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to KaliS
Re: help! remove "Sprint Music Store" banner

hey guys i got this to work on my TP and i think the problem you all are having is because of the .cab file being for a Diamond, not a TP.

i went into the file using total commander and made the edits and it worked perfectly. just remember to do a soft reset so the changes take effect.

here are the steps i used for this:

1) open total commander (or other file editing program) and go to the windows folder

2) scroll down and locate the file "26948339_manila", highlight it and select "edit" from the file menu

3) scroll down within the file until you locate the line that says:
<Page Order="5" Name="music.page" PackageName="HTC" Title="[[IDS_MUSICTITLE]]" ExternalScriptPath="HTC\Scripts\sprintmusic.luac">

(note that on the XDA site, the code says "Page Order "4"....")

4) delete this part of the code only: ExternalScriptPath="HTC\Scripts\sprintmusic.luac"
(make sure that this is the only thing you delete)

5) select "save" under the file menu, exit the program and soft reset...that should do it.

hope this helps....im not a programmer but i follow directions well and not too afraid to get my hand durty, lol.