View Single Post
Old 11-01-2008, 10:53 PM
dbldwn02
Regular 'Geeker

dbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Charging the Touch Pro - weird behavior

Quote:
Originally Posted by holo View Post
It's not temp related - the included charger charges in slow mode (at the same speed when you plug into a non-oem charger or a usb port), and slow mode on this and the mogul have suffered from both not ever topping off all the way, and refusing to charge if you are doing anything (it will think it is full even at 10% battery sometimes).

Try using your mogul or touch oem charger - it will make a world of difference in both charging speed and topping off... The included charger not charging in rapid mode is one of my biggest complaints...

You can really see the difference if you install nuepower as it will tell you the power draw off the charger.
It is true that the included charger only charges at normal usb power (400mA)

Most of the time it IS temp related. When I use WMWifiRouter and charge it at the same time, the phone will not charge and will die. I have to take the battery cover off and open the keyboard to keep it cool. This works wonders for me. It doesn't shut off then.

I'm also using a Walmart charger for mine. I tried both my old touch and current walmart charger. They both heat the device up when I'm using it heavily.

Last edited by dbldwn02; 11-01-2008 at 10:55 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.