View Single Post
Old 11-01-2008, 01:21 PM
gobmonster
Halfway to VIP Status

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
NEW! Customize flat title bar colors!

So i was messing around today trying to find an all white today screen .tsk file, but none would work on my phone (it always went to the 3d wm6 themes). Well, after a lot of research, i ran across a couple registry edits that with the aid of sprints theme, allows for TOTAL CONTROL over the today theme colors!

To do so, first apply the sprint theme. Second, get a registry editor (i use PHM) and navigate to "HKCU/SOFTWARE/MICROSOFT/TODAY/Sprint.tsk"

All the edits you want are in here, and i suggest you find a means to back up the key just in case .....

Now, all the codes should be pretty simple, they are all set up to be edited and follow the same format "XX XX XX 00". To change the colors, you need the hexadecimal values of the color you want, you can web search hex codes or go to the link at the bottom. These codes will be six digits long, so ONLY CHANGE THE X's! They are the ones that carry the codes that effect the color, change nothing else!

Lastly, i just discovered this and i havent had time to play with it (thats what she said lol), so i only made an edit to the one i recognized "Color_TitleFlatCenter", i changed it to "CD 9B 1D 00" in the screen shot provided. Soft resetting allows for the change to take effect, im not sure if changing themes back and forward does or not. Once again, i havent tested alot because i wanted to spread this discovery!

--------------------
Heres some hex color codes!

http://cloford.com/resources/colours/500col.htm

Im looking forward to what you guys can do! and dont forget to screen shot it for all!

http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/get-spb-screenshot.html

--------------------
Edit* Since i am talking about themes, it is possible to keep the 2d bottom bar and have a flat one with custom colors, similar to the windows mobile 6.1 theme. To have the custom title bar just create a new binary value "Color_TitleFlatCenter" in the registry "HKCU/SOFTWARE/MICROSOFT/TODAY/"... remember that it should follow "XX XX XX 00" and have a hexidecimal color code.

To change the bottom '3d' bar color, just install and run RCmod (below). Youll need to have a '3d' theme loaded of course but after that, it should be easy. Another way to go about this is loading up the Winmo 6.1 theme, changing its registry code "HKCU/SOFTWARE/MICROSOFT/TODAY/Windows Mobile 6.1 Tsk" and using rc mod to change the bottom color. Dont forget that it must be in Hexadecimal!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen01.jpg (13.3 KB, 637 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Screen02.jpg (13.3 KB, 454 views) Click for barcode!
Attached Files
File Type: zip RCmod2.1.zip (73.6 KB, 175 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by gobmonster; 11-01-2008 at 01:46 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.