View Single Post
Old 10-31-2008, 06:59 PM
DaPeeps
Halfway to VIP Status

DaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to DaPeeps Send a message via Yahoo to DaPeeps Send a message via Skype™ to DaPeeps
Re: Who wants to start seeing if these Diamond apps work on the Pro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFool View Post
I'm concerned that with how the Raphael and Diamond are so close in structure, and that there are CDMA and GSM versions of each, we're going to get the short end of the stick on a lot of things like these tweak threads. The GSM versions are going to get the most attention, and then so much work's been done on the CDMA Diamond and we're getting the half-functioning dregs of that work. I just worry that we're going to continually get the dregs instead work done directly for our device. Perhaps my concerns are too premature, but I just think we're going to end up with constant links to Diamond threads that require us to fumble through what will and won't work on the Touch Pro instead of dedicated tools and efforts.
I severley doubt this is going to happen. The Touch Pro is pretty popular, and while I think there will be different Roms made for each, we will get our dues soon. You just gotta give these guys some time. The diamond/pro market is already saturated with stuff that we have to fumble through because the rest of the world has had this phone for a while now. Give it a few months and the chefs and Sprint people will catch us up. I have not one shred of doubt about it. IT will happen, we just need to be patient.

In the meantime, what better way than to LEARN about our new toys then playing with , experimenting with, and figuring out the quirks of them. Fumbling around with them will teach us early adopters how to better serve the future tocuh pro owners.

This is the circle of life, my friend. This is how the world turns

If I or someone else helps you out, don't just say thanks, click!