View Single Post
Old 05-31-2007, 05:54 PM
Malatesta
Moderator/WMExperts Staff

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Thoughts on the Q as an alternative to my WX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Pooh
I guess I am really asking people who have used the WX and the Q and what are the pro's and con's for each. (Mal, I know you think the WX is the Caddie of phones, but what can you tell me for argument of the Q).

I have to use a 3200 extended battery on my WX with about 40-60% remaining by evening (this obviously tells you how I use data/voice daily) so I guess I am a power user. Will the Q hold up? I heard it chokes on power when running more than two things... and I like the ease of how I can close things out quickly with touchscreen. I am probably leaning towards the 6800 (which is very slim and sexy but no where near the stylishness of the Q) but I did want to know what thoughts of the Q were in general.

Thanks for the input guys.
If you use a 3200mah battery on the Treo I don't think the Q is for you (standard battery is only 1130mah).

On the whole, the Q is a great lite smarthphone. It has less available Program and Storage memory than the 700wx therefore it tends to slow down (but for normal things, surfing, email, RSS, photos, it's plenty fine and you wont' really notice, though as a whole it is slightly slower than the Treo).

The Q is great for someone who primarily needs a cellphone that can do some PPC stuff. BT is also amazing on the Q.

The Treo is a PDA that is a great phone and the 6800 is a PDA with a phone built in. almost as an afterthought.

The OS is obviously different and takes time to get used to but you can easily do 90% of what you do on the Treo (in fact Slingbox looks better due to 320x240 orientation). The phone part is really good and the dedicated Email button is also helpful. The screen is spectacular (no touchscreen).

I had problems with entering roaming areas where the device won't switch back (same with Treo) but for the most part Q= very stable.

Like I said, they have more in common than differences but the Treo is a very solid, svelt beast of a device. The Q is a small, lite but fully capable smartphone. The battery life cannot compare to even the defualt Treo battery but on a whole, with some tweaks it's not bad.

Also, no Threaded SMS on the Q if that matters.

At this point, I really like the Q but love the Treo hence why I'm back to using it again.