View Single Post
Old 10-31-2008, 10:58 AM
gguruusa
Deep Thinker

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Legality of WM 6.0 Upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
That one is kind of a sore subject for me. I actually did buy MSVC for $40 from Handango & later found out the only way to get all the functions to work correctly with bluetooth was to use an older version I DL'ed for free...........

~John
Are you sure what you bought was newer? The for sale version is not quite the same, and to my (admittedly poor) knowledge hasn't been updated in forever.

Legaility of MSVC is an interesting issue. There doesn't appear to be a seperate license for it on newer devices and it's packaging is as if it is now part of the OS. That brings us again to it's legal to "have the unmodified files", but not necessarily legal to "build a rom" with them if your device isn't available with such functionality.