View Single Post
Old 05-30-2007, 05:30 PM
hottlikefiyah
Lurker

hottlikefiyah is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
NOT RECIEVING PHONE CALLS ON SPRINT 700WX

I have noticed that I am not recieving all of my phone calls and I found out why. Is there a hack for this?
I have my phone to interrupt the data connection for the phone call but that only applies to EVDO. How can i do this for all type of data connections EVDO AND 1xRTT data connections?

Why don't the alerts appear?
There are a few conditions that will prevent notification of incoming calls.

You are actively transferring data on a certain type of Internet connection
Your smartphone's Password, Owner Information, and Ringer settings are obscuring the Incoming Call alert

You are actively transferring data on a certain type of Internet connection
Your mobile service provider may use different kinds of Internet connections, depending on your geographic location. Some of these connection types allow you to receive calls while actively transferring data; others do not.

For example, Verizon Wireless offers two types of Internet connection: BroadbandAccess (EVDO) and NationalAccess (1xRTT). You won't be able to select the type of connection, because it is provided automatically by the closest cell tower. You can see which type of connection your phone is currently using by looking at the top of the Today screen. If there's an EV icon, you're using BroadbandAccess. If there's a 1X icon, you're using NationalAccess.

Here's the catch: if a BroadbandAccess (EVDO) connection is active, you will be notified of incoming calls. When you receive the call, the data transmission is automatically interrupted. However, if a NationalAccess (1xRTT) connection is active, you will not be notified of incoming calls. They will go directly to voicemail.

this is from palms website
http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...bj(41734)#data