View Single Post
Old 10-30-2008, 12:21 PM
bedoig
VIP Member

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Where is the FM Radio?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls3mach View Post
Wouldn't it say on the FCC site if it had that radio inside?
Yes. Do you still have a link? [Edit: I found the FCC documents, but saw no mention of an FM radio. However, on second thought I would imagine the FCC is only testing broadcasting radios within the device. An FM receiver may not be something that would show up in their reports. A quick scan through the documents for the US GSM version of the Pro didn't show any mention of an FM radio either, although I believe it does have the hardware.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by C101 View Post
If I recall correctly, on the GSM version, the FM antenna was run through the headphone cords, so that the headphones had to be plugged in for the radio to work. I did a spot of research as well, and a thread came up over at XDA concerning this matter: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=439661
I was aware of that, so my testing was done with the headphones plugged in. Unfortunately I don't think it is a quick fix, if the hardware exists at all.

Last edited by bedoig; 10-30-2008 at 01:27 PM.