View Single Post
Old 10-29-2008, 02:31 PM
holo
Halfway to VIP Status

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Alternative GPS software?

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeza View Post
Let's get an opinion going on (with possibly a poll) of what the community thinks is the best GPS software to use (iGo, TomTom, Garmin, iGuidance, etc etc)
Garmin is much better than tomtom or iguidance in my opinion. I have not had luck getting igo installed on my mogul due to what I think was memory issues. I have not tried it yet on the touch pro. Garmin has free traffic though and built in google local search in the newer versions (comes in very handy).

Quote:
Originally Posted by phistyle View Post
sorry...I did a search using "gps" but it's under 4 characters so it wouldn't work...So if im on the Sero plan and I installed iGO 8, would I be charged extra for data usage? or does that only applies to the "sprint navigation software"?
You will not be charged for using any other software. SERO includes free data and also one of the main features of igo/garmin/tomtom is that they store the maps on your microSD card so they are not downloading them anyways. They will only connect to the internet for traffic and such.... The $10/mo fee for sprint navigation is specifically for use of their software...