View Single Post
Old 10-29-2008, 02:18 PM
ScrapMaker
VIP Member

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Update: Hard-reset your Pro when you get it (conspiracy?)

Okay, basically, I think the phones are delivered in a non hard-resetted mode.

I just picked up a replacement today, and when the Best Buy representative pulled it out of the pretty box, and hit power, it only took about 5 seconds to get to the screen calibration. I was really confused, because I had my OLD Pro sitting on the desk that I had hard-reset about two minutes before she pulled open the new box, and it STILL had not got to this point.

Case in hand, I strongly recommend that you hard reset your phone once, twice, or even three times after you purchase it. You don't have to worry about re-activating, because that happens automatically.

What it CAN fix:
- SOME earpiece/speakerphone issues
- Keyboard lag
- Strange quirks, such as screen rotation issues, and other oddities...

How to do it:
Method 1:
Start > Settings > System > Clear Storage > 1234 > OK

Method 2:
- Turn the phone (completely) off with the power button.
- Push and hold the VOLUME DOWN button and the CENTER/OK button at the same time.
- While holding those two buttons down, push and hold the POWER BUTTON until you see the hard reset screen. Follow directions.

Method 3:
- Hold VOLUME DOWN, and CENTER/OK. Reset with the stylus, then immediately start holding the POWER BUTTON.

Method 3 is the fastest/easiest way I have found.

Thanks,

Steven

Last edited by ScrapMaker; 10-31-2008 at 01:51 PM.
This post has been thanked 20 times.