View Single Post
Old 10-29-2008, 10:46 AM
chancellar
Lurker

chancellar is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Buying the TP on a new line and then cancelling...

Hi all,

I'm sorry to ask this newb question but I searched around and couldn't quite find the answer. I'm a current Sprint SERO customer but am not eligible for an upgrade since I bought a BB curve in May. I was thinking about opening a 2nd line of service to get the $299 and then using the best buy 20% coupon. My questions are:

1) What would happen if I signed for the 2nd line and bought the phone at Best buy and then called up Sprint w/in the inital 30 days and cancelled the service? What if I kept the phone?

2) If I cancel the phone outside the initial 30 days, what penalties would I incur?
-As far as I can tell, I'd be paying 250 or so out the door (2yr contract + 20% off) and I'd likely have to pay an ETF of 200 dollars if I waited til after the 30 days of service? 200+ 250 = 450 which is roughly the anticipated out of contract price from Sprint (around 470?).

3) I've heard talk of buying a Touch pro on Ebay and then using Microsoft's Case Back. How does the MS Cash back work? Do they send you a check?

Many thanks, I really want to try the TP but am trying to figure out the best way to get one.