View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008, 05:54 PM
tguerena
PPCGeeks Regular

tguerena is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartguerena is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartguerena is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartguerena is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartguerena is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
To Train the Battery or not...

So with everyone getting their new phones, and with the battery being such a big issue with the Diamond and possibly the Raphael, I really think it would be beneficial to get a solid answer to the question:

Are we supposed to be training our batteries as soon as we get them, or are they already trained?
And if we do need to train them what is the way we should do it?
(Get the phone, drain it dead, charge it up to full, repeat)
(Get the phone, charge it up to full, drain it dead, repeat)
(Does it make a difference if it's turned on or off while charging)

Once we get a definite answer I will edit this post to have the best way to do it.

************UPDATE*************
Just got off the phone with Sam at HTC, and have a definite answer.
When you first get the phone the best way to train the battery is to drain the phone completely, then charge it up to full, discharge completely, charge it up to full, then you can use the phone like normal. He said that it doesn't matter if the phone is on or off when charging.

And here are some tips he gave me for increasing battery life:
2-3 Hours to charge the phone from drained to full charge. 2 Hours with the normal charger
Shouldn't need to charge the battery for more than 4 hours.
Don't leave the phone on any charger all the time.
Change backlight setting to auto-detect. (Says this setting enhances battery life most significantly)
Running applications in the background will drain battery.
Disabling wifi, bluetooth, gps, etc when not in use.

Last edited by tguerena; 10-27-2008 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Contacted support from HTC for answer.
This post has been thanked 3 times.