Sideman7
PPCGeeks Regular

Sideman7 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Same Pop3 E-mail Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottsimon1979 View Post
My roomate works for Cox's tech support department, and I remember him telling me last week that Cox has a policy where they do not allow you to send email from outside their network. In other words, if you are not accessing your mail on Cox's internet service, you cannot use their servers. Supposedly its an attempt to stop spam being sent from their servers. He was telling me he got a call from some guy trying to setup his cox email on a blackjack. He had to set him up using the cox pop servers and another smtp server, then set the reply to address as the cox email address.

I KNOW.....this sounds crazy and idiotic.,....but its what he told me. We actually had quite a discussion about it last week, because I think thats just the craziest thing I've ever heard of.

I am going to text him now to verify this.
This is correct. They could offer an authorized login to send mail, but they don't... Which is a pain, especially if you are traveling with a laptop because you have to change the smtp server for wherever you are connected to send mail...